Friday 5 July 2013

4.0 Pancakes

Basically... I didn't blog yesterday as I spent the day contemplating what I was going to do... I woke up with a headache that I couldn't shift. I blamed everything wrong with me on the Paleo diet because as of current it is the bane of my life (sorry).

I came to the decision that I can't cope with a strict Paleo lifestyle however I am going to continue eating in a Paleo manner, but without the whole, 'Oh wait I can't eat that, it's not Paleo... instead i'll just sit here and cry over food...' I am going to keep a healthy lifestyle and I'm going to continue with no dairy and minimalise my gluten intake... BASICALLY, I can cope with Paleo food, but not the Paleo frame of mind, it's too much for me and I'm crazy anyway (sorry again).

Now the good news... I made some Paleo snacks!!! 



Paleo pancakes!! 
Basically I have no idea how this actually worked, I researched online for Paleo pancake recipes and realised I didn't own any of the ingredients, therefore I went about making my own recipe... 

• 1 large banana
• 2 eggs
• Almond flour 
• TSP baking powder
• Handful of blueberries 

Okay so I haven't included the measurements for almond flour, because I didn't measure it... To start with I mushed up the banana, and then added all the ingredients (I should be more descriptive but I was so hungry at the time I took no care to record anything).

Can I also point out that almond flour is just ground almonds!! -Those of you who can't find almond flour in the UK and end up pulling your hair out in the supermarkets because they NEVER HAVE ANY... Go to the baking aisle and get some ground almonds, even better go to an Asian food store they have huge bags for penny prices. 

This recipe made 4 big pancakes, I had two for dessert then had 2 for breakfast the morning after. For my breakfast I had the pancakes with strawberries:
TIP - Put the strawberries in the microwave - they turn into a strawberry syrup, tastes naughty even though it's healthy YAY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment