Tuesday 2 July 2013

2.0 Something sweet

A dilemma that I'm facing with the Paleo diet is the lack of sweet snacks, I'm a sweet fiend and I'm struggling with the concept of eating veg sticks and fruit for a snack. For my breakfast I decided to make a sweet smoothie with the hopes of getting sweet cravings out my system for the day (it's nearly 12 and I'm content- so far so good).

If you don't like sweet flavours then this might not be for you: 

• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 banana 
• 2 TBSP of shredded coconut 
• 1 TBSP honey 


The smoothie contains 275 calories - I get all my nutritional information from MyFitnessPal, add me- evie1992@hotmail.co.uk

For my lunch I've made a tuna, avocado and egg salad. I was going to make tuna fish cakes for my lunch but by 9pm last night making a salad was much more appealing. (I make my breakfast and lunch the night before as I work 9-5).

I hope I'm not presenting a Paleo lifestyle as just boring veg, fruit and meat dishes, there's so much more exciting recipes, such as Paleo cakes! For the time being I'm keeping it simple so I can properly get my head around what can and can't be eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment