Monday 1 July 2013

1.1 Paleo breakfast

Breakfast has always been my biggest struggle of the day- I'm just not a fan. During sixth form I rarely ate breakfast, occasionally I would have a banana. Once I had started going to the gym I realised I couldn't go without and I began to eat a small amount of scrambled eggs with brown toast in the morning...This temporary breakfast tradition is now over as the Paleo diet does not include gluten and as of current I don't fancy eggs with anything other than bread (I can't yet face eggs and spinach). 

As of a result of this breakfast distress I've decided to take the easy option and have smoothies. After researching smoothie recipes and realising I didn't have the specific ingredients for each concoction I decided to make my own: 

• 1 handful of blueberries 
• 1 medium banana
• 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk 
• TBSP of ground flaxseed 
• TSP of cinnamon 


Although the smoothie looks like grit it genuinely tastes nice and it filled me up for the morning! According to MyFitnessPal the smoothie contains 243 calories - (the Paleo lifestyle does not include calories counting but I just like to know). I also had a coffee with unsweetened almond milk. 

I'll be researching more smoothie recipes and keeping you updated, I'm thinking of making a coffee flavoured smoothie for tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment