Sunday 5 January 2014

"New Year New Me"

So here I am, back from the dead/3rd Year of Uni... And what better time to come back to my 'fitness' blog than during the 'NEW YEAR NEW ME' season. For the past week Facebook/Twitter has been littered with status' informing us of people's new life decisions; my favourite ones have generally been relating to ex boyfriends, '2013 SAW ME GET RID OF MY CHEATING PATHETIC EX BOYFRIEND CAN'T WAIT TO ENTER 2014 WITHOUT HIM, FRESH SINGLE START' - Lol, so tragic. However for this context I'm going to focus on the fitness related life changing status'.

I know that every year I laugh in the face of the people who set themselves challenges, however this year I've decided to embrace them. Basically I saw this photo of Olympic Medalist Louis Smith and it made me think:


Firstly - Oh my God Louis how has this happened to you, you used to be such a hunk (If you're reading this - I still love you and my contact details are on the right hand side). But secondly it shows that celebrities (even Olympians) are real people, we spend so much time believing that their bodies are inhumane and that they must have some kind of super training (surgery), when in reality they are just working hard whilst we are sat on our arses reading magazines about them working hard. 

*Weeps into the Daily Fail Mail* 


Although this example isn't showing you an amazing body transformation, e.g Vicky from Geordie Shore... It's showing you that bodies can be changed, YES we've all eaten too many mince pies/champagne/yule log/pigs in blankets/stuffing/ferror rochers/I could go on...BUT we need to realise that this doesn't mean that we are destined for obesity, so WHAT if you've put a pound on over Christmas, set yourself a challenge to lose the pound. Once you've lost one pound you'll realise how easy it is to lose another. 

For those of you who are in a pickle about how to actually lose weight, start with the Nike Training App. It's full of workouts to guide you through the gym from quick workouts to interval and weight training. Start with that then come back to me when i'll  (hopefully) by then have many more ways for you to lose weight/tone up.

And before you start thinking it's impossible, please just remember that we've all go to start from somewhere: 

No comments:

Post a Comment