Tuesday 3 September 2013

Sushi DIY

I have this little problem with healthy eating... I don't like it. 

Vegetables just don't appeal to me- Should I be saying this on a fitness blog!? 

As one of my fitness goals is to eat healthy, I'm going to have to find a way around this minor issue... For my lunch today I made some sushi. I'm obsessed with YoSushi but I'm not about to break the bank just to have a healthy lunch everyday. 

I've never made sushi before and I was convinced that it was going to turn out like a pile of mush and seaweed.... Well Well Well...



I KNOW right!?!! Gordon Ramsey eat your heart out. 

So after making this healthy lunch I then went on to research sushi stats, you know work out just how healthy my lunch actually was - And I found an array of results:

- "Rice is the staple of the Japanese diet. It is a good source of energy and provides a supply of protein."

- "Sushi rice is heavily processed, causing it to lose vitamins, minerals and fibre. Sushi rice isn’t just boiled in water, it also has considerable amounts of sugar, plus sugary rice vinegar added to it as flavouring." 

The first statement is from an article called 'Why Sushi Is Good For You,' the second article is called 'Why Sushi Can Make You Fat.' HOW are we supposed to live a healthy lifestyle when we are battling with an array of reviews; some telling us that certain foods are healthy and the others telling us to stay away.


WHO ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE???


OH and can someone please explain to me how BOTH of the above articles are from the same newspaper - The Daily Mail. I am ashamed to have even clicked on this paper for nutritional advice but how could I resist when they are both on the first page of google, with opposing articles??? 


*Cries on keyboard*

(Fortunately the majority of the negative articles are regarding restaurant sushi which is filled with extra salt, mayonnaise and very little fish- home made sushi is healthy so DIY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment