Thursday 5 September 2013

Aim Big

Last year I set myself an array of fitness goals, and I ended up completing just one of them:


The Race for Life 10KM - After accidentally sprinting the first kilometre (I wanted to be at the front) and very nearly suffering a cardiac arrest which resulted in a  jog-crawl for the last 9KM - I actually did it

All in all, the whole escapade has taught me a lesson :-

NO- Not that I should start a 10km race at a reasonable pace; I just can't, the cheers of the crowd alter my brain making me sprint past them like a female Mo Farah.

But what I have learnt, is that the best fitness goals are the ones that you can't escape, e.g. The Race For Life. I had no choice but to train in advance for the race. I purposely chose the 10km over the 5km race as it was a challenge for me and that's exactly what I needed in order to become fitter. 

As of current, i'm mentally preparing myself to choose a new challenge. Will I sign up for a marathon? Maybe a Tough Mudder? A triathlon? World's Strongest Woman (lol)? WHO KNOWS- I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment