Tuesday 10 September 2013

Super Foods

A good friend of mine works at a shop called Neals Yard, it's an 'everything organic,' skincare, health, beauty, kind of place; and I love it. Recently they've started selling health foods and super foods. Food is appealing enough to me... imagine how I feel about SUPER FOOD. 


I bought some Baobab Powder and some Mulberries... Here's the DL on what they do:

'Baobab Powder has as many antioxidants as goji berries, and more calcium than milk. It has more iron than red meat, more potassium than a banana and more magnesium than spinach.' (Information found on the Baobab website). So now we know why it's called a super food, anything that gives me energy and doesn't make me fat, is my new best friend. You can have it in smoothies, in your porridge, sprinkled on your fruit, anything, anywhere, just have it. 

Now onto Mulberries, they look more wild than your average dried fruit, put it this way, if someone offered me one i'd say no. They look like something you'd find on the floor of the local park in Autumn. For a weird dried flower like object they have an array of health benefits, 'A power house of nutrients, essential fatty acids and antioxidants, rich in vitamins and minerals' (Info' from the Neals Yard Website). Oh and did I mention.... THEY TASTE LIKE CHOCOLATE, a Super Fruit with only 43 calories in 100g, that tastes like chocolate... God is real. 

If your fitness quest needs a boost then go out and get yourself some super foods. If you don't believe me then visit this website: Nutrition and You and read all the health benefits yourself. (Thats if the chocolate fact hasn't already swayed you- and if it hasn't then you aren't a real person). 

No comments:

Post a Comment