Thursday 19 June 2014

Bit*h Is Back

I'm sorry I don't even know why that's my title, it's not even funny. 

Basically I haven't wrote a blog post since January, I wasn't going to write another but people have actually been asking me when i'm starting again, which must mean one of two things: People hate fitness just as much as I do OR people are laughing at me. ANYWAY, here I am, i'm back and I thought that for my first blog post i'd write about things that have changed since January:

  1. I'm single
  2. I've put weight on 
  3. I've left uni'
One second I need to learn the barrier between a fitness blog and a Bridget Jones Blog. So off the 'Woe Is Me' thing, things have ACTUALLY changed. I'm going to start with the first thing that i've learnt:

LOW FAT FOOD IS WORSE FOR YOU THAN FULL FAT FOOD. *Faints*


So you know when you get that realisation, that you've spent your whole life buying low fat food only to find out that it is WORSE FOR YOU THAN FULL FAT?? All the tears that you've shed over the dinner table whilst your Grandma pours whole milk into your cup of tea. All the running away from full fat produce, just to have it shoved in your face 22 years later that it is actually very good for you and low fat produce is very bad for you?!

If like me you're having a panic attack over the waste of your life AND money then just stay calm whilst I (attempt) to whittle it down for you:

  • Saturated fat - The bad word, the 'He who should not be named', kind of thing... Who now can be named, because he is actually GOOD FOR YOU.
    • Avocado's, Nuts, Seeds, Eggs, Coconut Oil, Meat, Cheese 
    • All of these are 'Naturally Saturated Fats'
    • They don't contain all the sh*t that's bad for you, like... Chemicals (?!)

Okay let me break it down even more:

BUTTER vs MARGARINE:
Margarine 

Made from vegetable oils (You know that substance that we drown our food in every single day when we make 'healthy' stir-frys ETC). Well this is a graph of how vegetable oils are made:

Butter:

That block of yellow stuff that we've avoided for years. Well this is how butters made:

  1. Milk cow
  2. Let cream separate naturally
  3. Skim off the cream
  4. Shake until it becomes butter

Verdict:

I'm not even explaining the first table, the words sound minging enough 'Pre bleach' 'Winterisation.'  Margarine isn't the only 'low fat' food that undergoes this process, they all do, they're made with vegetable oils and polyunsaturated fats which our bodies simply cannot deal with and in turn end up storing them instead of using them... As a result we are ACCIDENTALLY PUTTING ON WEIGHT (FFS). 

Solution

Start by swapping your vegetable oil for olive oil. OH and Paleo people are claiming that a high fat/low carb diet is the way to lose weight and (dare I say it) 'Bulk up' or 'Tone Up' if you're a lady like me (lol). They reckon that by eating more fats we can train our body to use it as a primary energy source and in turn when we exercise we burn it away. Read this for a simplified version or alternatively just have a look at the picture at the end if you can't be as*ed reading!

So yeah, i'm really sorry for throwing that all upon you, and well, i'm back!


No comments:

Post a Comment